State Representatives serve in the Minnesota House of Representatives, the lower chamber of the state legislature. They write and vote on legislation to create, repeal, or change state laws affecting many issues, like health care, the environment, and the economy. They also vote on state taxes and the state spending.
First, investing the budget surplus back into the citizens of our state. I would focus those dollars on our students, working families, and expanding access to affordable healthcare.
As Chair of the Judiciary Committee, my focus will be on improving our justice system so that it is more fair for everyone, not just those with access to wealth.
Finally, we need to address the mental health needs of everyone in our community. Mental healthcare *is* healthcare but our current system does not prioritize it appropriately. From students to first responders, everyone has experienced a lot of trauma over the past two years and we are long overdue to address the failings of the current system.
We already have good access to voting in Minnesota and our elections ARE safe and secure. I would continue to support our current system while always looking for ways to improve.
The misinformation spread about our elections since 2020 is one the biggest threats to our democracy, intentionally created to stoke fear and violence. I will continue to speak out about it.
I currently Chair the House Judiciary Finance Committee and have authored legislation to (finally) adequately fund public defense and civil legal services. Our current justice system causes disproportionate harm to BIPOC communities - one way we can begin to change that is by making systems-level changes, including adequately funding the right to an attorney.
We need to reign in price gouging and corporate greed. Our current tax system disproportionately benefits those with the most wealth, as we currently see with record profits and incomes for many large businesses and wealthy individuals.
Supporting workers, families and those on fixed incomes should be the priority. Child tax credits, feeding kids at school, targeted grants to small businesses - those things make real differences for people in our communities.
I am the chief author of safe storage legislation, and have long supported universal background checks and extreme risk protection orders. I also support community investments and youth intervention grants that prevent violence from occurring in the first place.
1) Term Limits
Serving in politics was never meant for a life long career. It was intended for citizens to step forward to serve the community and then go back to their lives. Career Politicians breed corruption.
2) Economy and Jobs
I don't need to tell you how Covid and inflation is hurting our economy. And our politicians are just playing politics, not solving the issues at hand. I want to get legislations passed to defeat this ridiculous inflation and allow MN to do our part to make US energy independent and not relying on foreign energy.
3) Public Safety
I think this goes without saying.
1) I think MN has pretty good laws that will allow anyone who wants to vote to have access to vote. So yes, anyone who wants to vote and eligible to vote can have the means to vote. simple.
2) We need to make sure that people say who they are have a way to prove that they are who they say they are. Some kind of paperwork stating their identification should be used, including Voter ID, but other forms of ID could be used as well.
3) Transparency and Integrity
4) Extra eyes in the process
Simple, treating everyone the same, regardless of race, gender, or ethnicity.
Give everyone the same and equal opportunity, so anyone regardless of class, where you are from can achieve greatness with hard work.
Like how Morgan Freeman said: "Best way to defeat racism is to stop talking about it." we have to stop this us vs them mentality and separating people based on the concentration of melanin.
1) Pro-business incentives so they will keep the jobs here and bring manufacturing base back to MN.
2) Offer support or the rocket fuel to the Start-ups, that anyone with a bright idea and willing to risk all can make their dreams come true. Offer their tax incentives in the first few years if they agree to create certain number of jobs.
3) Attract foreign or out of state investments. Offer attractive terms so foreign companies will bring their money here and crate MN jobs.
1) Mental health treatment and prevention.
Much of the gun violence are caused by people with mental disorder, it's time we treat and prevent them.
2) Social media is a leading cause for depression among young people today. should we consider legislation to set a legal age for social media?
3) So much gun violence are in Hollywood movies, do you think that's a problem? Should kids be exposed to that much gun violence in today's movies?
4) kids need good role models growing up