Blue Earth County Commissioner District 2
Haga clic sobre la foto del candidato para aprender más. Para comparar dos candidatos, haga clic en el botón "compare". Para empezar de nuevo, haga clic sobre la foto de otro candidato.
If elected, what will your top three priorities be and why? (750 characters)
What actions would you take, if any, to address affordability of housing in your county? (500 characters)
How would you ensure election laws do not create barriers to Minnesotans’ freedom to vote while also ensuring safe and secure elections? (500 characters)
What do you see as the biggest challenges to mental health and social services in your county, and how would you address them? (500 characters)
If there were to be budget cuts during your term, what are the most essential county services that you would advocate to preserve? (500 characters)
* Transportation Infrastructure - I will continue to advocate for funding for Transportation, so Blue Earth County, and the State of Minnesota can have safe/reliable roads, bridges and transit.
* Public Safety - Having 27 years in Law Enforcement, and 12 years on the Greater Mankato Diversity Board, I have a unique perspective of Public Safety. I will continue to work so people have a greater understanding of the issues.
* Health and Human Services - Not only does our Health and Human Services Department impact the lives of everyone in the County and many surrounding Counties, it also has the largest cost of all of our Departments in the County.
* Affordable Housing is a key issue that I have been an advocate for throughout my tenure as County Commissioner. Affordable housing is incredibly important throughout our entire County, in communities of all sizes that impact all demographics ranging from young families to aging adults. Housing options across the spectrum are needed to help retain and attract workforce as well as maintain quality of life in our County. There is a wide spectrum of need for additional housing resources.
* A significant role that counties have as a responsibility under statute is to administer local elections. It is important to maintain the integrity of our election process through communication and advocacy efforts with the Secretary of State’s Office on behalf of our County and our Elections Staff, which carries out local election functions on behalf of the State of Minnesota.
* Most of the mental health and social services issues on counties across the State are mandated by the State. The largest issue the we have as Commissioners is having Staff to handle the growing amount of issues. Without the proper amount of Staff, our Citizens get shortchanged, and the Staff gets overworked and overwhelmed.
Blue Earth County has worked hard to handle mental health issues by starting the Yellow Line Project, that works to find the core issues of people brought to jail.
* Most of the functions of county government are mandated by the State, but if I were to prioritize, I would work on preserving Public Safety, Mental Health Services, and Library Services. These are important for protection, and helping lower income families.
Para seleccionar un candidato y crear su boleta, tiene que ingresar su dirección.
You have already selected the maximum number of candidates for this race.
You must uncheck an existing selection before making another selection.